"The Salvation Army is Christianity with its sleeves rolled up"
God's power is at work and we are privileged to play a part in His redemption of the world. It begins with discerning hearts as we implore God's mercy and blessing on our lives and ministry. How can we best be involved? Witnessing. Serving. Committing ourselves to the gospel mission. It is important to pray with an openness to the possibilities of what God may be asking of us. It is imperative that we remain open to God's leading in our lives.
Salvation Army Officership is . . .
- Helping someone find a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Providing meals for someone in need
- Giving comfort to someone after a natural disaster
- Teaching a child to read
- Helping a teen or young adult discover God's plan for their life
- Leading worship
- Teaching a Sunday school class
- Helping people discover more about God.
- Giving love unconditionally
- Participating in community projects that provide a better life for many
- Leading a community based and respected ministry organization
- Providing joy for children and adults at Christmastime
- Chatting with a shut-in
- Visiting those in prison
- Pointing someone to help from their addictive behaviors
- Ministering to people of other cultures
- Serving God in a foreign land.
- Helping to change lives
- Participating in God's work
- Being His hands, His feet, His heart in a hurting world.
Has God called you to the specific ministry of officership? Message us here for more information about your next steps!